Thursday, November 02, 2017

October 2017

October 2017




I had the great fortune to be a live actor in a haunted mill this season. It started with one of those 'suggested pages' by FB, with a request for volunteers to work at Madame Redrum's Nine Gates of Doom. I responded, met up with Madame, toured the building and would have paid to be a part of this. The building is an old mill that burned down in 1863 and was rebuilt on the same foundation, so who knows exactly how old it is? It's 4 stories high with all the old machinery, and is absolutely fascinating even when not gussied up for Halloween.

I had a blast working with a bunch of other volunteers, and soon found my niche in the scaring. I really loved making the macho guys jump! These were some of my early looks, but my greatest success was a totally black grim reaper's outfit, with a black faceless mask, emerging from a dark corner.


We did this every Fri. and Sat. night for 5 weeks, and I made every one of the 10 nights. Although it was tiring, it was also exhilarating, and this coming weekend will be my first free weekend in a while. I think it'll feel strange. Already looking forward to next year and wondering just who I'll be.

No comments: