Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's a Terrible Day in the Neighborhood

Thurs, as I was driving home from work, there was a little slowdown at the entrance to my neighborhood. Someone was having some treework done.

Yesterday, as I drove out to pick Tandi up from the vet's, my mouth dropped open. On my way back, I had my smartphone ready and took this picture through the passenger side window:


It was hard to snap, but can you see that the truck has fallen over on its side against the house? The "bucket" that the guys stand in has impaled the roof. (Click to enlarge)

Hope that company was licensed and insured.



(Edited to add:) My Mower Man who lives a few houses down from the site, sent me a few more pics and info. No one was home and no one was injured, but the house is totaled. Five hours were spent trying to upright the crane without success. Heavier equipment will be here today to try again. Wow.






5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Whoa. That is serious business. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Karen said...

WOW! I also hope they were insured. Otherwise... Yikes!

Lynda said...

Unbelievable! I would hate to come home to that mess. Lucky no one was injured tho.

AnnieO said...

Yowza! I hope things are righted and the dry weather holds for a little while. Eek.

Hey, Stephanie, I'm unable to reply to your kind comments on my posts--you are coming up as a "no reply". And your Google Plus has no email attached to so can't getcha there either. Hmmph.

Katie said...

The mind boggles!