Thursday, November 02, 2017

Halloween 2017

Well, here they are, the pictures from this year!  I put out a lot more this year, since I was able to get into the shed and go through the boxes and bins. It was almost like Christmas, rediscovering some of the things I had.  The wind tried to play havoc with my tombstones and props, but I figured out how to work with the wind instead of against it, and it wasn't too shabby. Got lots of compliments from kids and adults alike, so that made it worth while.

First, a picture of Hazel. She's 2 1/2, and her mom made her a Witch Hazel costume. She figures it's the last time she'll get to choose Hazel's costume, since next year Hazel will be almost 4, and she's already a very decisive little girl.
She's usually restricted to a pacifier at bedtime only, but the poor tyke had just come down from a 101.8 fever, and wasn't feeling well, but wanted to come see Popsy and Mango, so a little comfort measure was in order.  She did go trick or treating in my neighborhood, and she finally made the connection. "Popsy!" she said when she got back. "I said 'trick or treat' and people gave me CANDY!"  First candy she's ever had.  She said she wanted to go again the next night, but when she encountered 2 dinosaurs, that was it. I don't know what it was about the dinosaurs costumes, but Hazel screamed in absolute terror and had to be taken inside.

Here are some pics of the night:










Started the thankless job of taking it all down and packing it away. But it was fun, and the kids seemed to like it, and I'm already toying with a theme for next year....

No comments: