Friday, September 20, 2019

Cooler Weather!

Yay! The past couple of days have been in the '70s with night time temps in the '40s and '50s! Yes, Virginia, there IS an autumn!  I feel more energetic already!

The Halloween workshop didn't happen. One gal had to work and the other two just said they couldn't come. No reasons offered. I admit I was a little annoyed, as I had spent hours the day before going through my shed, pulling out examples to show, and freebies to give. So, I'm just going to spend some more time in the shed sorting through my bins and deciding what to give away. Kind of a Marie Kondo does Swedish Death Cleansing.

I've decided to get rid of all my milk glass. My mother started that collection for me back in the '60s, and I bought pieces here and there over the years.


 My next door neighbor bought some pieces from me before she moved this past May, and I was communicating with a woman who has a booth at an antique mall about 25 minutes from here, thinking she was going to buy it. She hasn't bothered to respond to me, so I guess that deal is off. It kind of got put on the back burner this summer with all the health issues, but everything is inventoried, wrapped, and packed in boxes--all 144 pieces of it!

 I really love some of these pieces, and stumbled on some not-so-common pieces over the years, but it's time to let them go. My daughter isn't interested in them, and it'll be another 25  or so years before Hazel would want them--or she might not! My daughter would shoot me if I left this for her to deal with when I die!  lol

So, I've put them on Craigslist in 4 different cities, as the local auction seems to show there is  no interest in milk glass in this area. It's small, and rural, and most everyone here goes for primitive items. I don't want to try to unpack them and sell them piece by piece on Etsy or marketplace, and one of my friends who used to sell on eBay pulled everything off because their shipping regulations got too complicated to make it worth her while any more. If worse comes to worse, I'll just donate it all and take it off on my income taxes next year! 




What do you collect? (Besides fabric, of course!) Are you planning to pass it on to your children or if not, what will you do with it?

No comments: