Thursday, October 24, 2019

Fall doings

Hallelujah, fall weather has arrived! I thought those 90s were going to last forever! Temps are in the 50s and 60s with night time temps 40s and 50s. We even had a 34 this week!  Halloween decorations are sprouting everywhere--except for the guy where our street "Ts" into another. He put his up in mid-September! To his credit, though, he has a yard full, and even though it's pretty much the same setup every year, it's fun to look at.

Mine are going up this week. I tried to get them all up sooner, but a combination of having the house power-washed and waiting for the guy who cuts my grass to show up (he still hasn't!), I just couldn't put much out.We had some rain earlier, and some MD appts, but today is supposed to be beautiful, so I'm headed out to get more done. This year's theme is Halloween Party, or more accurately, Costume Ball, so all my skeletons are dressing up.  Here is Hazel with Sleeping Beauty:


Image may contain: one or more people, grass, outdoor and natureShe is just the age when some of the things I have scare her a little, but dress-up is something she totally understands!  lol  She will be spending the weekend with me, so we will do a little more in the yard.

Went to move a couple of skeletons off the front porch and into the yard, and movement spooked me a little. Skeletons aren't supposed to move!

Apparently my work was being inspected closely!  lol

Here's the house before and after power washing. Such a difference!


Image may contain: plant, tree, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, plant and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor


Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: outdoor

 Wasn't that sky beautiful?  It was a gorgeous day to clean up!

 Had my eye appt yesterday. The additional weeks of Prednisone drops have impoved my vision and decreased my scarring. In a month, if there is no more improvement, we'll schedule the cataract surgery. If there is continued improvement, it will be up to me. I can have the astigmatism lens put in and run the risk of over-correcting it as the scars continue to heal, or I can wait a few more months for the cataract surgery.  Part of me, okay, ALL of me, is ready for my vision to be back to "normal", but I do want to give my eye the best chance I can.

Well, we'll see what next month brings. I ordered some reading glasses off of Readers.com yesterday, hoping that may allow me to do some sewing. Every time I walk into my sewing room, my hands just itch to pick up some of my UFOs and make progress, but being unable to see well enough to thread a needle is a bit of a stumbling block! Thank goodness I have plenty of books on my Kindle, where I can enlarge the print, because being unable to sew AND read?  Jack would probably kick me my whiney butt out!

No comments: