Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Day After


Wow. The last 3 days just did me in. (Okay, that's not really me above, but it's how I felt!) I got up at 7:30 to let the dog out and feed her, then went back to bed and didn't crawl back out until 10:30. THEN it was almost 3pm before I finally took a shower and got out of my pj's. Most of the stuff is in from the yard, but not packed away, and the inside of the house is utter chaos. Supper tonight was leftover spaghetti, but neither of us cared, as we were both lethargic.

Not so my Tandi. She is so ecstatic at being done with all the intrusions into her ordered little world, she has cavorted and pounced and given me big doggy grins all afternoon. Poor thing. Little does she know there will be a tree in the dining room next month. I don't think I'll tell her just yet.

On the positive side, I answered a trivia question about The Addams Family correctly, and won 2 tickets to "Smokey Joe's Cafe" put on by our local theater group--who also happens to be the State theater group. I believe the only performance we can attend now is Sunday afternoon, so it will be a nice little break in the Great Halloween Packup.

Here are a few photos of the night:


The "flying saucer" taken after the lights fell off. Oh, well, it was supposed to be a crash site, anyway.


Fearless Leader alien peering in the window, with frightened pumpkin looking out. This is the scarecrow you saw in earlier pics, now attired in the alien mask and a cape from his former wizardry days. That poor scarecrow probably won't last more than one more season. Those multiple personality changes are wearing him out, I think.


Decontamination tunnel.


The one who almost got away.


Fair warning! (click on the pic to read the sign)




The Alien Autopsy. Tastes pretty good, but it's a lot of work. Not sure I'll do this again anytime soon.


Monster toes.


Kitty Litter Cake


Centerpiece. (Nurses out there, do you know what the "vase" is?


Drowning pumpkin's bag leaked, so he became Suffocating pumpkin (and fishy friends).



Pinocchio Pumpkin.

I didn't get to do all I wanted for the yard, but next time I won't plan a party the same night. It's just too much for one person to get done in one day. However, I enjoyed and appreciated those who came.

Now I can't hold my eyes open one minute longer!

4 comments:

MightyMom said...

holt crow, did you put roses in a whiz bottle?

it looks glass though....

must reveal!!

Stephanie D said...

Yep, it's an old glass urinal, found at an estate sale.

Just a little medical humor for my friends from the hospital. They were all properly appreciative. lol

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....just WOW!!! This musta been one super-duper decorated Halloween for you.

For all it's worth, even the extra work of taking things down, it WAS fun.

High 5 for one great Halloween Yard.

MightyMom said...

I was so floored by the urinal I forgot to tell you how wonderful everything looks!!!

my fav is the 1st pic!!

but then, I'm biased!!

GREAT JOB!!

an estate sale?? geez, can you imagine selling grandpap's pee can?? that's too funny....worse, you bought it!!

you crack me up!!