Saturday, March 31, 2012

I wish malls had stairs like this!

A friend sent this to me in an email:



Amazing, the study of psychology.

Stairs adjacent to a moving escalator .... both lead to the same

upper level.

At first no one took the stairs, 97% of the people took the escalator.

Then a group of engineers got together, and decided they wanted to

change the percentage around.

Notice what these scientists did. Clever. And now they have

reversed the percentages.

66% more people took the stairs.


Now click on the attachment.  (And turn on your sound!)
 
 

Reminds me of the scene in "Big".

6 comments:

AnnieO said...

That would be a great idea for a mall--I've seen this video before and it is just as charming as the first time :)

Libby said...

Oh, what fun. I would take those stairs every time *s*

Jean said...

What a great idea! Too bad they can't put them everywhere!

Lynda said...

What fun! And great exercise.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Thanks for sharing it!

Katie said...

That's so cool!!! :-)