Monday, December 24, 2007

Early Christmas


Having Christmas in the middle of the day on Christmas Eve is a bit disorienting. DD came in, about 11am, and I was still battling the crowds at the grocery store, all of us hunting last minute ingredients for the perfect meal. As mentioned before, we do New Mexican, but this year's menu was abbreviated due to my disorganization. We just had Spinach Enchiladas

Steamed tamales

and a very hot Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
I bought some of Breyer's Fried Ice Cream for dessert, (it seemed only fitting), but we were all too full to eat it.

THEN--Did you SEE that moon tonight? WOW!






DD and I went out in the cold to try and snap some photos--DD with her brand new digital camera, and I with our year-old one. But we can't do it justice.
So I took a quick picture of the front yard,


and then we ran inside to lie under afghans and watch Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, and then A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart. I like Patrick Stewart, but I do believe the version with George C Scott is my favorite. How about you?

Well, it's really, truly Christmas now, and I am really, truly sleepy, so I will leave you with a wish for a blessed day today.

3 comments:

MightyMom said...

Michael Caine dear. the one the only, either in the classic version or the Muppet one doesn't matter.

Merry Christmas friend.

Libby said...

We favor Alastair Sim 'round these parts *s*

Wish we would have thought to have tamales . . . next year for sure!

Anonymous said...

Yum-O~!!!! I'll have to write this one down for sure!!! Love the pics, too!
Merry Christmas to you, friend!!!