Saturday, December 01, 2007

Prayers for Poppy

I have been following a blog by Angie and Nathan Luce, and their daughter Marianne. Angie is pregnant with a trisomy 18 baby, Poppy Joy, and was due to deliver next Thursday. However, she has been having frequent contractions for a couple of days and the decision was made to do a C-Section today. She has asked for prayers, as it is not even certain Poppy will be born alive, much less last more than a few hours. Trisomy 18 is fatal.

Back in September, another trisomy 18 child was born to Boothe and Conor Farley and their daughter, Sellers. This child, a daughter-Copeland-lived for 9 days. Boothe's account of Copeland's short life, and her own descent into doubts and depression, is a compelling story, causing one to question just how real her faith is.

Anyway, please take a moment today and pray for these parents who must soon surrender their little girl back to the God who sent her.

4 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Having given birth to a baby boy and only having him in my arms for 2 hours before he died, I can truly say I completely understand what these parents are going through. Bless their hearts and may they find the strength to get through this. xox

Anonymous said...

I will pray for Poppy tonight, Stephanie. I lost a daughter 3 hours after her birth. Letting go of a child will test your faith further than ever imagined, and hopefully it will come back stronger than before.
Lots of Love,
Pinky

MightyMom said...

well, I followed your links and am now sitting here 30 min later than I intended to be on the computer bawling my eyes out.

In another's words.

God bless us, every one.

Stephanie D said...

Thanks, ladies. I have never lost a child, except through a failed adoption, and I can't fathom what these parents are going through, and what you all must have experienced. Makes my complaints seem mighty petty right now.