Friday, July 27, 2007

S&T Friday

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44124374707@N01/465473139/

Just a quick one today. Thanks again to Kelli for hosting this fun little distraction!


Take a close look at this little "lamp". Notice anything?


How about the next photo?


It's a candle! The base is metal, but the entire "shade" is a candle. I can't bring myself to burn the candle, because I might never find another like it, and I think it's just so cute!
This was a gift to me from my sister-in-law, JJ, the first year we moved here, 2003. She and my brother came up for Thanksgiving, and stayed a couple of days to see our little "Mayberry". They bought this at one of our Main Street shops.

JJ is a hoot! In her head, out her mouth. She pulls no punches and calls things as she sees them, but was not above a burping contest with her teenage boys. She's all the girls' favorite aunt, loves to sew, is a whiz at photography, and one of the best things to ever happen to our family. My parents never appreciated her, but I did and do more every year. Love you, JJ!


Now it's time for a nap, then a 5 1/2 hour drive up to fetch the grandcats. (Next entry.)

9 comments:

LBP said...

I have never seen a candle like that before! Too cute! Have fun with the grands.

Marci said...

That is really cute. You could always buy a candle to put back in there.

Kelli said...

That is so cute!! I couldn't make myself burn it either!

Kelli

Susanna Rose said...

What a beautiful candle/lamp! I need to get one of those!:)

Susie said...

Cute candle! Your SIL sounds fun :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I don't think I could burn it, either. JJ sounds like a lot of fun!

Susan said...

How cute!!! I've never seen anything like that. I wouldn't want to burn it either.
Susan

MightyMom said...

very cool!

Anita said...

Wow, it's a candle! How nice and charming it looks! No, me too I would not burn it in any case!

Thanks for sharing and best wishes from Germany,
Anita