Lori at Dakota City Quilter tagged me, (how'd you find me, Lori?) and since I haven't been tagged very often, I decided to play along.
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about him/herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Gosh, can we take my early dementia into consideration? I'm not sure! I know I was doing some private duty work with a patient who had MS, and working PRN status (that means whenever needed, and I usually did 2-3 eight-hour shifts a week) at a hospital in Albuquerque. DD had become angry with us and moved out the previous Dec., but was still communicating with us and in August of '98, she moved back home. Beyond that, I don't remember too much. Oh, I was coming up on my 47th birthday, and in the middle stages of menopause. TMI?
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
Well, it's already 9:45pm, but I can tell you what WAS on my list for today and which ones got done.
a) Mop bathroom floor. Nope, didn't get this one done and since DH is already asleep, this task has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning.
b) Wash slipcover. Yep, it's in the dryer now and I just heard the buzzer go off, so will be putting it back on the sofa shortly.
c) Return books to library and pay fine. Done--$10.10 in dues. They love me there.
d) Drop off donations. Did that while I was out, and took them to the Humane Society's collection center. I try to alternate between them, the vocational place, and the Council on Aging, except the lady at the CoA always acts like it's a big imposition to accept items, and I got tired of listening to those martyr-like sighs, so I rarely donate there anymore. I mean, I donate good stuff, not junk, so she's got no reason to cop an attitude.
e) Oil change. Not only did I get the oil changed on my truck, I filled it up, cleaned it out, and ran it through the self-wash.
There were about 5 other things on my list for today, but as usual, I overestimated just how much I'd be able to get done.
3. Snacks I enjoy: Cheese and Triscuits, ice cream, cookies, peanut butter, ice cream, apples with peanut butter, M&Ms, yogurt with fruit, Reese's Cups, peanut butter, and did I mention ice cream? With peanut butter on it?
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire. (This one's my favorite, and probably the whole reason for playing along!)
First thing I'd do is turn in my notice at work, and throw a huge, catered retirement party with goodbye gifts for all my friends. I'd pay off DD's school loans, all our debt, invest a bunch so we can afford to get older, fix up the house and the yard. (I like my neighbors, so I'm not sure I'd really move unless the publicity got out of hand). I'd start a scholarship fund for children of disabled police officers and firefighters, and contribute thousands to my churches and favorite charities. I'd give huge monetary gifts to family members. I'd sponsor a dozen more Compassion Children and go on the tours to see them. Then I'd set up an anonymous type fund with someone to help me manage it, kind of like that old television show in the 50's--The Millionaire--in which I would search out hard-working, honest people who ran into some bad luck or health troubles and find the one thing they needed, and provide it, along with $100,000.00 and counseling to help them stay afloat. And I would play, with my husband. Honey, I would have me a FINE TIME!
5. Folks I want to know more about. Libby at A Simple Girl, Perry at OKPeri's Place, Lettie at Polkadot Pineapple, Hailey at Alexander's Heart (even though she's only 12 and might not remember 10 years back, I'd still like to hear some of her answers), Steph at Conversations with Grace. There are others whom I know a little better, or who have recently been tagged, but I'd still love to see their answers to some of these (Sarah, Pinky, Jacqui). Playing is optional, no stress intended here!