Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Magic (Moments) Monday

Okay, last fall I "talked" with Sarah (MightyMom) about an idea for a weekly topic on inspirational ideas, thoughts, events that happen to us all the time, but maybe we tend to forget in the day to day scheme of things. She thought it was a great idea and encouraged me to do it. That was about the time I was starting to feel really exhausted and overwhelmed, so I never followed through with it. Now that I am getting more rest, things are looking brighter again, and I am so grateful for that. But I don't want to lose sight again of the little things that remind me life is worth living even when things get tough.

SO, beginning Monday, March 3, I want to start a Magic Monday "column". Mondays, for most people, are the "Ho hum, weekend's over, work is WORK, and can't wait 'til Friday" type of day. My intent is to help us begin our week with something positive, something to hold on to, to get us through the rest of the week.

This is an experiment, so guidelines are a bit fuzzy. Your entry can be a Scripture verse, a quote, an insight, something that touched your life or changed the way you look at things. I expect some of the first entries to be from the past, until we learn to look each day for those magic moments that remind us how wonderful life really is.

I don't have a logo yet, and to be truthful, I'm not very computer literate, so wouldn't know how to make one anyway. And I don't know how to do those "Mr. Linky" things, so if anyone can give me pointers, I would appreciate it. Until that happens, please leave a comment on the post with a link to your blog entry, and on your blog, link back to my site. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I will try to leave this post up top the rest of the week so everyone will get to see it in preparation for Monday. Be thinking about what inspires you!

(edited 3/3/08)

2 comments:

MightyMom said...

want me to ask around if someone will make a logo??

thinking .... thinking.......working on post...thinking......

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I want in! Is it a mr. linky kida thing, or do we just do it and use the logo? This will help me focus on the positive...I need that. Great idea!