Saturday, February 09, 2008

Quilty stuff

Gee, I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted anything. I've done some lurking in odd moments this week, but have only left one or two comments.

Well, I finished my quiltlet for the Winter 2008 edition of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap, and sent it off. I was in a creative dry spell--that's my only excuse. And that's all I have to say about that, to quote Forrest Gump.



But I have four nights off, so in addition to working on my taxes, I plan to get some sewing done! Even if the floors don't get mopped or vacuumed! I cooked breakfast this morning--might not cook again for a couple of days, so DH better have enjoyed it.
I've finished cutting strips for DD's string quilt, and will be sewing those together into squares today. As I go, I'm taking photos, so all you beginners out there can be looking for a tutorial soon.
Our quilt guild will be doing a show at the community mall on March 8 to celebrate National Quilting Day (which isn't until the next week, but that always gets bumped due to St. Patrick's Day activities.) Our challenge this year is entitled "B" in the Mountains, adapted from the theme of last year's Symposium, "Bee in the Mountains", that we hosted. We have bright yellow/gold fabric to use, and I have an idea, but don't know if I can get it finished in time. If you've been reading my blog for several months, you can probably figure out what "B" I plan to use.
Maybe I can post more later. Hope you all have a pleasant day!

3 comments:

MightyMom said...

ooo that's so pretty!! I love all the quilting, did you do that "free form" or with a walker?

am loving work, but working too much! heehee

at least I get to cross stitch in the wee hours (and put up this commnet.....)

will be home to post again on Mon night.

Libby said...

Well creative dry spell or not - your swap piece is great!

Anonymous said...

Love your quilt, Stephanie!
Man, it's making me want to sew. My problem is, when I sew, I make a huge mess! It's just too much to deal with considering the house MIGHT show.