This weekend was Judy L.'s November Quiltathon, and I was happy to be off so I could participate, but I got a late start both days.
However, I did make a little progress.
I've been wanting to make these since before Halloween, but couldn't get to it until yesterday, and today I sewed the stems in place:
They go nicely with the stuffed turkey I bought at last year's Quilters' Boutique, but I've gotten them out of my system now.
About 4-5 years ago, I made DD a flannel quilt for her bed. Like Topsy, it just grew and became double bedspread sized. There was so much I didn't know then--such as you don't need a batting when the top and backing are flannel. This is one heavy quilt! DD has to wash and dry it in a laundromat, because it is so big and heavy. And it really doesn't bother me, because I made that quilt to be used. The cats really love it!
But I put the binding on like borders, instead of one long continuous piece, and I didn't make it wide enough. So it has begun to pull apart in places. DD brought it to me to fix several months ago, so today I sat down to remove a few stitches, thinking I'd just need to secure the binding in a couple of places and that'd be in.
That's when I discovered how ignorant I'd been. Searching through my bins, I found more of the fabric I used for the borders, binding and backing, so I removed the old binding entirely. I need to trim the borders back, because the edges have frayed underneath, and then I'll just rebind it. I'm hoping I have enough fabric to do it right. If not, I'll have to figure out a Plan B.
That's it. That's all the sewing (or unsewing) I got done today, but I've felt guilty everytime I worked on something else, and it feels good to finally decide what needs to be done and get started on it.