Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Saturday at the Movies 12/13--Oops!

Ooops! I made 2 goofs!

1. It's Wednesday. But you knew that, didn't you? Well, I let Tuesday just slip on by me--sorry!

2. There apparently is nothing that indicates the population of Bedford Falls. I remembered it wrong! While getting the tree lights sorted (blech!) and put on the tree yesterday, I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" beginning to end, AND the extra features we have on the disc, and it just isn't there. I could have sworn it was 3060, but it must have been a dream or something.

However, y'all got the other answers: Bedford Falls became Pottersville once George Bailey ceased to exist, and the 4 children were Pete, Janie, Tommy and Zuzu.

There were some interesting bits of information on the DVD we have. Did you know a man named (I think) Philip van Doren Stern wrote a short story entitled "The Greatest Gift" but couldn't get it published, so he printed out 200 copies and gave it to his family and friends in their Christmas cards that year? A couple of years later, RKO radio bought the story for $10,000 and hired some writers to turn it into a script. They came up with 3 different versions, but none of them was good enough. In one of the rejected versions, there were 2 George Baileys--a good one and a bad one--and the good George kills the bad George on the bridge. (Pretty violent for a Christmas story, don't you think?) So the story just gathered dust until Frank Capra bought it--for the same $10,000. And you know how it all turned out.

New question on Saturday! (Somebody kick me if I forget the day!)

No comments: