Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stashbuster Report Week #17

Well, I caved this week. Not badly, but still...

Every Friday is Fat Quarter Friday at one of our local quilt shops, and all fat quarters are 30% off. While I was running errands Friday, I "just happened to be in the neighborhood", and decided to go in and renew my 20/20 card. (For $20.00/year, we can get 20% off all non-discounted purchases.) Just to let you know how long it's been since I was there--my card expired January 11. See? I really HAVE been on a fabric diet.

Anyway, I needed to replenish my yellows, and found two stripes I just couldn't live without. Also, at the back of the store, they have ends of bolts (fabric bundles) which are always 30% off. I was running low on pinks, and only had one piece of orange larger than a fat quarter in my stash.



I'm thinking of using one of the stripes for a little iPod pouch, as I can never find that little Nano when I'm looking for it--it's just so small--plus it's beginning to get scratched up in my purse. There are several cute tutorials on the web I can try.

SO: Fabric in this week: 4 yds
Fabric in this year: 12 yds

Fabric used this week: 0 yds
Fabric used this year: 6 yds

Net amount: +6 yds

I will be home most of the week so I hope to finish up a couple of projects and change those numbers.

11 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Nothing like a small fabric buy to *freshen* up the stash and get the creative juices flowing!

Have fun sewing your IPOD cover :)

Jean said...

Love the fabrics....though sounds to me like you haven't been doing much quilting either....

Lori in South Dakota said...

we must be having the same thoughts. I made a pouch for all those "cords" for my camera, computer, etc.

Brenda said...

One of the 'rules' I have read in the books I read about a stash is: don't let a colour run out!! So, if you are getting low on a colour, you have to get more of it so you are never low!! You have done a good thing for your stash!! And I believe you've been on a 'fabric' diet - if you have not used your card since January, you have done great!! good for you!!

Libby said...

Those are the kind of deals that are hard to pass up . . . . and maybe they shouldn't count against us *s*

Anonymous said...

And so it begins.

I will not be modifying the fabric in, fabric used, fabric out game with the books in, books read, books out game.

I would not turn out well for me. And FirstHusband would see it.

MightyMom said...

ooo nice! add a string to your pouch so the ipod can hang around your neck and not get lost! hahaha

audreypawdrey said...

It sounds like it was time to add a little fabric to your stash! Have fun with the ipod cover!:)

Judy Alexander said...

Wow. What great deals. I am too trying to use up my stash but somehow it seems to get larger instead of smaller.....Is this shop close to Murphy?

MightyMom said...

better come and see your lace in action!

SueR said...

You are doing better than I am, far and away, on your stash busting. I am mostly stash enhancing!