Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Best Revenge Ever

( Scroll down for the movie trivia answer for this week)
If this doesn't bring tears to your eyes, you have a cold, cold heart.

These are the lyrics:
I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used
And wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung
No wine untasted.

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame.

And still
I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms
We cannot weather...

I had a dream my life would be
So different form this hell I'm living
so different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed.


Read this about her background.

Here's to folks everywhere who were teased and tormented as children for being "different" or not "pretty".

This is the best payback.

6 comments:

audreypawdrey said...

Did you know the lyrics are orignially from the musical Les Miserables? It is one of my favorite musicals. Thanks for the song!

Anonymous said...

I linked to Susan too. Inspiring!

Marla said...

I saw this last night. Amazing. I was especially amazed at Simon Cowell's reaction when she started singing. I hope the best for that lady!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I loved watching the youtube video, even drug DH over to watch it! The words are great, I love les miserables!

Nancy said...

I absolutely love her singing and her sass! I hope she goes far, and we get to hear alot more of her talent.

jacquie said...

first...it is the BEST song from les mis....and what a perfect song for her...my brother sent me the link to the video...made me cry...such a twist seeing the changes in the faces of the audience and the judges from their initial reaction and then when she unleashed that fab instrument...a great moment.