Thursday, August 16, 2007

G

Green chili. How I do miss it. Chili rellenos with pablano peppers are not the same, nor are they as good. We usually order Hatch green chilies, fresh from NM about this time of the year, and I do a semi-roasting in my kitchen. I love the way the kitchen smells then--like Albuquerque in late August.

Gardens. I never had one growing up, and don't have much of a Green thumb, unless it will grow in containers on my deck. I'm hoping to get the lawn whipped into shape this fall and winter, so I can concentrate on making little garden areas the next year.

Grandchildren. Don't have any, probably won't ever have any. Just the grandcats.

Graveyards. They fascinate me, the old ones with monuments, especially. I've never tried the rubbings that some people do, but I like looking at headstones and reading them. I really wouldn't mind living next to one.

No comments: