Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday breakfast

I would love to give the credit for this little recipe to whomever deserves it, but I honestly can't remember where it came from. But it is so handy, and so simple, and practically fool-proof.
Does your family like all different toppings and ingredients in their omelets? Or, are you having family members over for a special breakfast or guests from out of town? This will fill the bill for you.

"Ziploc Omelets"

1 qt-sized FREEZER zipper-closed baggie
permanent marker
2 eggs
toppings of choice--peppers, onions, cheese, ham, etc.
pot of boiling water

Have each participant mark a baggie with his or her name, then dump in 2 eggs. Add whatever ingredients he or she likes, then squeeze all the air out of the bag and seal it. Mush it to mix the eggs and ingredients together, then drop into pot of boiling water. Boil for approximately 13 minutes. (We put 5 in the pot and it took 15 minutes).

Fish baggie out of the water with tongs, open and slide omelet onto plate. Voila!
Everyone gets to eat a hot omelet made especially to his or her liking--and all at the same time!

Enjoy! And if you make these, let me know if you liked them!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi!! I came over from Mighty Mom. Glad she did your name and I can get to know you. I noticed this in your comment
"Some of these people have never heard of me, and I do a lot of lurking, so these will be blogging acquaintances instead of friends. lol" I hope I was one of those you've been lucking but if not please come meet me :o) I look forward to becoming friends. I'll bet you'll do a really neat name!!!
Susan

MightyMom said...

OH, yes, Susan is a must meet!!

Love the omlete baggie idea...too cool!

Whenever we get the boys to finally agree to eat eggs we'll be trying it out! (it's one of the few things they won't touch.)