Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tagged!

Sarah over at My Wonderful Life tagged me (again!) and I haven't finished the last one yet. 8^(
But I think this one could be a little easier.

ACCENT- Yep, Southern, though most Southerners will say I talk too fast, and 20 years in New Mexico put my ending consonants back in my speech. Still, the time I called "Clear, y'all" during a Code Blue pretty much defined my roots.

I DON'T DRINK--enough water. But I am training myself to do that.

CHORE I HATE--Mopping the floors. Mops just seem to push the dirt up against the baseboards, and I'm too (tired, lazy, busy) to get a sponge and clean there, but I hate the way it makes the floor look like it's still dirty, so my solution is just to postpone mopping the floor until ANYTHING looks better than the way it is.

PETS-- Tandi, my loveable, huggable, exasperating rescue cocker spaniel. During some summer vacations, Christmas breaks, etc. I also have the grandcats--14-year-old Cyrano, and 4-year-old Eleanor.

ESSENTIAL ELECTRONICS--computer, digital camera, CD player, and now, the Dish DVR (like TiVO). Perfect for "Huh? What did she say?" and skipping commercials, or stopping everything to answer the dratted phone. (Note I didn't include the cell phone.)

PERFUME--Hypnose.

GOLD OR SILVER--Silver.

INSOMNIA--a side effect of going back and forth between night sleep and day sleep. I can go to sleep, but can't usually stay asleep.

JOB TITLE--RN.
Career title--wife and mom.

MOST ADMIRED TRAIT--Dependable. (A nice way to say I'm predictable [boring?])

KIDS--One wonderful daughter, just graduated from law school.

PHOBIA--Claustrophobia. Almost broke a door down when I got locked in a closet at school once. Lately, driving over high bridges makes my heart pound.

RELIGION--Flesh-eating, caffeine-guzzling, chocolate-loving Baptist nurse who works in a Seventh Day Adventist Hospital. Go figure.

SIBLINGS--three: one younger sister, two younger brothers.

TIME I WAKE UP: Working or Off? And does this include my insomnia?

UNUSUAL TALENT/SKILL--I learned sign language while in nursing school, and interpreted for a couple of churches in the past. Now my hands still remember most of the signs, but I'm too rusty to read it when someone signs to me.

VEGETABLE--Just about anything except butter beans.

WORST HABIT--You want me to pick just one?????

X-RAYS--I always wanted to see the x-rays of my feet in those shoe stores back in the 50's, but my parents couldn't even afford the quarter. Who knew it was going to be bad for you?

MY FAVORITE MEAL--Church's fried chicken with the usual sides.
Or maybe Spinach Enchilada casserole, green chili stew, tamales, chili rellenos and flan for dessert.


Okay, now for the facts about me starting with the letters of my middle name.


L--Las Vegas. I can't get there as easily as I used to, but love to go there. I got to the Star Trek museum at the Hilton, the Wax Museum, saw the fountains at Bellagio, saw the Blue Man Group (hilarious), and other free or $$ things the 3 times we've been. Went underground at Aladdin and shopped that wonderful mall, drove out to try and find Area 51, saw artifacts from King Tut's tomb...so many things to see and do. Love that place!

A--Annoyed. I am so annoyed by all the organizations wanting money who manage to get through the loopholes despite the DO NOT CALL List we signed years ago. Can't see that it's really done any good.

N--Nearsighted. What I am, but also the title of a song by Rupert Holmes (Pina Colada song) from years ago. Part of the lyrics go: "Nearsighted, Clearsighted, Dearsighted--all I need to see is you."

E--Elaine. The aunt my middle name came from, but Stephanie Elaine was too much of a mouthful, so my parents shortened it to Lane. I kinda like my name.

Since there are 4 letters in my middle name, I have to tag 4 people:

Ellia from Greenbeanbaby

Autum from Creative Little Daisy

Linda from LBP sews

Eren from Vintage Chica.

Not sure they'll all know me--I lurk a lot. But if they want to play, fine. And anyone else who wants to play is invited, too!

3 comments:

MightyMom said...

thank you, good job! and I LOVE that you called clear y'all!! that cracks me up!!!

inspired said...

;o]

Anonymous said...

Hi Stepahnie,
A belated thanks for the tag :)
I'm not ignoring it- I just figured folks deserved a break from stuff about me after the encyclopedia of ME month ; )
I enjoyed reading yours and think "clear y'all" sounds perfectly normal.