Monday, September 17, 2007

Just shoot me and get it over with.

Well, due to the knee sprain, I didn't get to go to the fair. Again. I've missed them all since I've been here. And I really did want to go. But the knee gives way unexpectedly on level ground, and I just couldn't risk it because I don't have the time to take off work. When I was off with the right knee this summer, they cashed in my Paid Time Off to pay the insurance premiums, so I came back at zero. Zilch. Nada. I had it built up and got called off due to low census, which used up most of the PDO, because the payroll people ignored my request to just use 6 hours of it instead of a whole shift's worth. Gotta start all over again. And though I know I need to stay off the knee, take anti-inflammatories and ice it intermittently, I can only do 2 of the 3 and hope it heals quickly.

Tomorrow morning I have to go back to the dentist. See here
I'm dreading it, I don't want to go, my heart starts pounding just thinking about it, and did I mention I DON'T WANT TO GO?! I just have to go in there and set some ground rules. Local anesthetic first. DO NOT turn on the TV. If I need a break, give me a break. And I can't cry, because if I cry, my nose will get stuffy and I won't be able to breathe and I will have a meltdown right there in the dentist's chair. I took a 24-hr Claritin already. I'm going to load my CD player with Sarah Brightman and take along Andre Bocelli as a back-up, and put in brand new batteries. And then I'm going to come home and go to bed because I have to work tomorrow night.

Oh, yeah. I picked up my fair entries today--didn't place, but the judges gave some constructive criticism. I'm going to replace my current flag wall-hanging by the front door with the apple one, but I'm really tired of looking at and working on the "window" quilt, so I guess it will just go into the cedar chest or somewhere til I decide what to do with it.

Tomorrow's going to be a lousy day. Seriously.


EDITED: Sheesh, what a whiney post this was. Never mind the shooting, I need what Cher did to Nicholas Cage in "Moonstruck". Remember that scene? (Hint: SNAP OUT OF IT!")

2 comments:

MightyMom said...

ummm, considering how most people just hate to go to the dentist, I'm real glad that you're looking forward to the appt tomorrow!!

I couldn't bring up the previous post so I've no idea what's going on, but hope all goes well!

inspired said...

ye i DoN'T LikE ThE dEnTist EiThER ;]