Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Busy

Where do the days go?

DD left last week to move into her new rental house, and I followed her on Thurs. to take the grandcats and the remainder of her things, and to help her put up curtains and rods. Her landlord bought and gutted an old 1930's home, and his wife tried to stay within the time period with the insides. The windows have moldings, and a couple have ledges, but they are pull-down so they can be washed. The kitchen cabinets are dark, almost burgundy in color, and the faucets are porcelain, but she has a dishwasher. The floors are either dark red-gold Pergo and stone-looking tile, though how they laid those on that floor is beyond me. I get seasick just walking across it! She has to put her bed against a wall, or it goes rolling. lol But it's a charming little house and it will be great when she gets it all finished.

So besides that and working, I am also getting 2 wall-hangings ready to enter in the fair. The deadline has passed, but the head of the crafts section is a friend and fellow nurse, and she said I can just show up and they'll take them. However, the last day is Tuesday, and I work Mon. and Tues. nights, so I brought them to work with me so I could run them by afterwards. Wouldn't you know it's been a busy night, and I still have to hand sew the binding?

Anyway, more posts and photos when I get off this 3-day work stretch. Oh, and after I take these glasses back to the optometrist--they aren't right. Anything lower than breast level is a blur--and I am a short person.

Did everyone have a nice holiday weekend?

2 comments:

MightyMom said...

I'm sure they will be gorgeous!!

Can't wait for pics!!

MightyMom said...

if you get some time, I'd really love another nurse's opinion on my post "What on earth did I step in?"

thanks!
Sarah