Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Menu

The party is getting larger every day. I think we "grown-ups" love Halloween as much as or more than the kidlets, judging by the faraway look I see when I tell my friends they'll have to dress up!

So far, here's the menu:
Day Old Bathwater Punch served in a clean, unused bath basin from work
kitty litter cake (tastes good if you can bring yourself to eat it!) And it really is served in a litter box with a scoop!

monster toes with the recipe here (something to break up the sweets)

eerie eyeballs (haven't found any ice trays or something similar, so might have to buy a melon scooper. I'm going to check out a kitchen specialty shop first.)

and the highlight of the feast: alien autopsy . I ordered the mold and it came in a couple of days ago. It's a bit smaller than it looks, so I might have to make 2 aliens. But isn't that creepy-looking?

Some friends have offered to bring something, maybe other drinks or chips and dip, so the squeamish should have something they can eat, bless their little stomachs!

If it's chilly, I'll also have a crockpot of hot mulled cider
going for the parents of my little ghostly visitors.

Have you tried any simple, but gross-looking recipes you think I need to add?
I'll keep you updated with photos as it all starts coming together.

Only 2 weeks from tomorrow!

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

PenofJen made your kitty litter cake! went over great..once her third son started eating......