Friday, October 05, 2007

Show and Tell Friday


It's that time again! Kelly is hosting a weekly Show and Tell. Click on over to her place and get an eyeful!

Guess what came in my mail yesterday? My quiltlet from Cypress! We participated in the Fall edition of 4 Seasons Quilt Swap and she drew my name. Isn't this beautiful?


I don't know if you can see the decorative stitches along the seams of the crazy quilting, but they are wonderful! And there are the most adorable buttons on either side:


Both sides are so lovely, I really can't tell which is the front and which is the back:

It is surrounded by rickrack (how'd she get that to stay in place as she stitched it?) and the quilting rows are so EVEN! Her label is held on by another button:


Cypress, thank you so much! I love it! One of my goals is to put together a crazy quilt someday, but it never occurred to me to do it on a smaller scale. Now I have one for inspiration.

If anyone would like to participate for the winter season, make a note of the URL through the logo on the left, and watch for Margaret to announce the beginning of the next swap. You can sign up for any of the seasons, and if one is all you can do, that's fine, too. It is so much fun!

10 comments:

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Very pretty! I love the buttons so unique. Thanks for sharing your quilt with us.
~Amy

Susan said...

How fun and what an outstanding job.
Susan

LadySnow said...

It's beautiful! :D

Hootin Anni said...

OMG!!! That is just breathtaking!! Lucky, lucky you. Wow, I'm speechless.

My show n tell is shared, won't you drop by?

Susie said...

Beautiful fall colors! How nice that is reversible and trimmed in so many cute details :)

Carole Burant said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful quilting project, you certainly were very lucky:-) Love all the details on it, especially the little leaf shaped buttons, too precious! xo

Kelli said...

Ooh..it's so pretty! Such vibrant colors!

Kelli

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!

MightyMom said...

holy crow, I thought that was a wavy binding at first!! whew, rickrak thank goodness!

It's a lovely quilt!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very nice, I love the colors!

Katherine

Catching up on the S&T's I've missed!