Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday at the Movies

Okay, Movie Fans, here's a tough one for you!

I am a credit fanatic. I will sit in the theater after everyone has left, including my husband and friends, and watch the credits. Of course, that takes a little longer these days, since every Tom, Dick, and Jane who ever fetched a cup of coffee for someone must be listed. But there are rewards to remaining until the last possible second.

For example, did you know that in A Star is Born, the credits list Barbra Streisand's wardrobe as coming from "her closet"?

And for several years, there was a family of stuntmen with our last name--which is spelled differently than you'd expect. I don't know if they were any relation. And since I don't see them anymore, I figure they must have gotten too old for such a lifestyle.

Now, remember the old song, "Harper Valley PTA"? Well there was a supremely forgettable movie made in 1978 from the song. The best part was when a truckload of manure was dumped on a convertible.

Based on the credits, who supplied the manure???


Answer on Tuesday!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Dang it! Why didn't you ask the A Star Is Born question? I knew that one *s* Hubby and I stay until the very last, too. You've stumped me on the trivia once again. I'm going to guess Ortho.

Steph said...

WOW! I haven't thought about this in forever! There were several 8-track tapes my parents had when I was little that I almost wore completely out listening to over and over and over. One of them was Jeannie C. Riley's Harper Valley PTA. I guess I was embracing the anthem of the single mom at an early age. :) I don't know the answer to the question, though. My guess would be from a local horse stable or race track or something like that.

p.s. The other 8-tracks were Donna Fargo's Happiest Girl in the Whole USA, The Oak Ridge Boys' Fancy Free, and the soundtrack to American Graffiti. They also had that album and I loved looking at it because when it folded out it showed a car hop wearing roller skates. I thought she was so pretty. I should blog about this... :)