Monday, October 13, 2008

Nature day

The trees haven't peaked here in my neck of the woods, but they're getting mighty darn close. Last night I risked taking my camera to work because there is one tree on the property that was looking so gorgeous already and I wanted to try to capture that.

Lovely, isn't it? (you can click on the photos to enlarge)



But look what happens when the sun hits it:

As I started back for the truck, I decided to get under the tree and see if I could get a good shot, and these are what I came up with:


Then, inspired by Ami Sims', er, excuse me, Madison's blog post of mushrooms yesterday, Tandi and I went out to snap some pictures of the micro things in our yard. (Actually, Tandi cracked acorns for the squirrels and I managed the camera).
Here is one we found:

And then I found a couple of odd little shoots, maybe 3 inches tall:


This is the underside:

I don't know if they are mushrooms or not. Maybe they're fairy umbrellas.
More things we saw in the yard:

I just love that shade of green.




Something hard and fuzzy on an oak leaf:



In the empty lot across the road, I loved the contrast of these red leaves with the pale spotted bark:


And the pale green spikiness of another small tree there:

The temperature is supposed to get into the 80s this week. A few last roses...

...and we're done.

6 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Beautiful foliage! I don't have any roses left. I bet you will miss those beauties when they are gone.

audreypawdrey said...

Beautiful pictures! I love all of the great leaf pictures and that rose is gorgeous.

MightyMom said...

fabulous!!

Cathi said...

Gorgeous shots!!! The tree with the orange leaves is incredible. Beautiful roses.

jacquie said...

i'll stick with the lovely nature post..the movies are out of my league...i'd never sleep another week if i watched those movies...body snatchers...yipes!

Lori in South Dakota said...

nature photos--how we all love them. Save them and show us again while the winter snow blows.