Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday at the Movies

This movie was originally a serial novel written by a man named Jack Finney, who was born in 1911 and died in 1995. Now, this man's name meant nothing to me, but it was interesting that his novel and the original movie, a black and white filmed in 1956, spawned 3 additional remakes: 1978, 1993, and 2007.

The 1993 remake, which, though it had some well-known names (Meg Tilly, Gabrielle Anwar, Forrest Whitaker) strayed from the original premise, taking place on a remote military base in Alabama, and in my opinion, was the worst of the 4.

If I mentioned any more names, or more about the plot, you'd probably get it right away, so I won't.

But I will give hints on Monday if there are no correct guesses!

Can you name any of the 4 versions?


Answer on Tuesday!

4 comments:

Libby said...

Hubby says, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" Me - I got nuthin'.

Cathi said...

"Body Snatchers"?

Lori in South Dakota said...

Invasion of the body snatchers

June Calender said...

What beautiful, beautiful autumn photos! Love them and wish I were out in the country this time of year. I'm a blank on all Halloween-y matters.