Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Movie Trivia Answer 3/7

Well, that one turned out to be not so tough, either. I see I'm going to have to work a little bit harder this next week.



Yes, the movie was 1980's Airplane!, and that line was spoken by Leslie Nielson, who also has the classic comeback:

Stricker: "Surely you can't be serious"
Rumack: (Leslie Nielson) "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley"

~~and~~

Rumack: I won't deceive you, Mr. Striker. We're running out of time.
Ted Striker: Surely there must be something you can do.
Rumack: I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley.


IMDB reports it was Leslie Nielson's first comedic role. They also state that the original choice for Striker, played by Robert Hays, was--get this--Barry Manilow! I kinda think he could have pulled it off. I certainly can see him on that dance floor in the white leisure suit, but the beach scene..., well, not so much.

My favorite character: Johnny, the air traffic controller in the tower who unplugs the runway lights. Yes, I love corny humor.

Thanks for playing along!
New question on Saturday. 8^)

No comments: