Thursday, June 18, 2009

Movie Trivia Answer--2 days late!

All I can say for myself is that I work nights and when I'm off 2 nights (equal to one day), and work again, and repeat the cycle, my body takes longer and longer to reset. I wake up at 3pm not knowing if I'm supposed to work and can sleep another hour, or if I've just slept half my off day away.

SOOOO--Annie got it! Life is Beautiful is the story of a family at a Nazi Concentration Camp and the lengths the father goes to for them. He makes a game of it for their small son, and they strive to win 1000 points, with the grand prize being a tank.

I couldn't believe it'd been out 12 years already and I hadn't seen it. It was such a heartwarming story.

New question on Saturday!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

After reading this, I've got to go rent that movie.
I really don't know how you manage those shifts!

AnnieO said...

Yay, me! I am like you--never saw the movie when it first came out, though I will never forget the star/writer/director at the Academy Awards that year, walking on the tops of the chairs and balancing himself on other people's heads!