Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday at the Movies 6/27

Another oldie, this one from 1987:

Adventures in Baby-sitting

Remember this mindless bit of entertainment, starring Elisabeth Shue as a date-jilted high school senior who spends the evening babysitting 3 kids? Thankfully, none of my babysitting experiences were nearly as adventurous, though there was that pair of 5-year-old twins I used to watch.....

Anyway, I'm sure by now everyone knows that "Thor" (Mr. Dawson of Dawson's Garage) is Vincent D'Onofrio, of Law and Order: Criminal Intent fame. But do you remember who played Brenda, Kris's friend who's stuck at the bus station?

Bonus question: Brad (Keith Coogan) played the brother in another parentally unsupervised movie 4 years later. What was the name of that movie?

Remember, you can ask a friend or family member, or you can watch the movie yourself, but no fair researching on the internet!

Answers on Tuesday!

Also, I am planning a movie trivia contest in July, involving points and prizes. Details to be announced soon!


PS: I've spent the last 3 nights in nursing hades and am SOOO behind in my posting, blog-reading, and commenting! I hope to catch up over the next couple of days; please don't give up on me!

5 comments:

MightyMom said...

oh, I gave up on you a looong time ago. at least on the idea you were any saner than I am! :-)


I remember really enjoying this movie...but that's about it.

Libby said...

Shoot - we just watched this one on tv a couple of weeks ago. The friend looked familiar . . . . but I can't place her name.

Jean said...

I have seen this movie but remember no details about the cast. Sorry....of course even if I had seen the movie last night, I probably still wouldn't remember details about the cast....lol

julieQ said...

Nursing hades!! Hee!! I totally get that! I remember this movie, but alas have no answers for you. Hope you can have some time off to be in quilting heaven!

Anonymous said...

Yes! She stole the show - so funny! It was Penelope Ann Miller! I loved her in "Year of the Comet" with Tim Daly!