Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Movie Trivia Answer 6/7

Mighty Mom (with help from Subvet) got the answer!

Boris Karloff was the actor best known for his Frankenstein's monster portrayals--though he only played that character 3 times. (Kudos to Karen's husband for catching that very important distinction!)

He was in the same league as Bela Lugosi
Lon Chaney,

and Vincent Price.


Julie also reminded me he was the voice of the Grinch. I'd forgotten that! But it's not surprising, in that, for all his portrayal of monsters, Boris Karloff loved children.


Now I love special effects as much as the next person, but I believe those old black-and-whites had to rely more on the story and the acting than some of the horror movies out there today. These guys were the best!

New question on Saturday!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, I should have know that . . . . if I'd paused to think on it for just a moment or two *s*
Love old b&w movies for all the shadows - they really set a mood far better than any digital, technicolor, special effect set of today.

MightyMom said...

hubby found out that he volunteered to do Santa at a disabled children's hospital for years.


a guy after my very own heart!