Pinky from Cheese in My Shoe tagged me about 11 days ago, and I finally got 'er done!
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
Okay, my memoir is: So many projects, so little time.
Not very profound, maybe, but it really is the story of my life.
Just a short list of unfinished or yet-to-be started projects:
1) Finish the 2005 and 2006 taxes.
2) Paint the front porch railings. Seal the front porch and steps. (I think this year is also the year I'm supposed to re-seal the back steps and deck. Oh, and the back porch needs painting, too.)
3) Measure the area I want for my raised bed garden, find a lumber yard and have boards cut to fit in the corner pieces I already bought. Research soil mixtures, buy many many bags of the stuff and dump it in. Buy plants and insert into the dirt.
4) Buy the mix for the plastic molds for stepping stones in the yard and down to the raised bed garden. I've had the molds for at least 3 years. Of course, I haven't figured out yet what all goody things I'm going to put in them, so I have to peruse yard sales for more marbles, glass I'm willing to break, etc.
5) Paint the master bedroom. We haven't painted anything but the master bath since we moved in in 2003, and that was only because we had the bathroom remodeled.
6) Make a list of the stuff I can't do and contact Loose Screws or Handyman Connection to come do it all.
7) Finish DD's sofa quilt. Fortunately, I only started this one last September, so it hasn't been long on my list.
8) Decide on trees and shrubs to fill in where I've lost trees the last few years, buy,and then plant them.
9) Reseed bare spots in yard.
10) Make summer table topper.
11) Cut and sew backings for, then sandwich, quilt and bind 6 tops.
12) Read photography book DD bought me for Christmas, as well as about 12 other books bought in the past year.
Let's don't even talk about the hook J-Man wants me to put on his end table, or the picture I wanted to hang that has been sitting on the back of the bookshelf since 2004, or the box of Cherry Ames books that I can't fit back in the sewing room and is just sitting in a corner of the guest room.
Sewing and quilting projects in various and sundry stages of non-completion have their own category, and their own zip-loc bags.
And then work wants me to come in extra for meetings, etc???? Are they NUTS?? I can't even figure out when to go on vacation!
Well, I visit all the blogs on my sidebar, but mostly lurk, so I'm going to leave the tagging part open. If you're up to the challenge, go for it! But please let me know so I can come read your memoir!