Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Vacation--Day Two

I was going to sleep in this morning, just because it's vacation and I can, but then I think of all this glorious time and how can I waste it sleeping? So I have spent the last two hours catching up on blog posts instead. Such an accomplishment!

I filled an entire spiral notebook page, front and back, and started a second page of things I need to do while on vacation. Some are simple, like go buy Tandi's next 6 months of HeartGuard and schedule my mammogram, and others are more complex--like paint the front porch and clean out the garage. The carpet cleaner is coming Thursday--if he is able to get gas and keep working--so I need to start boxing up the living room and dining room things so furniture can be moved.

And I pulled out a couple of small projects that don't lack much being finished--including some fall items. The nights are getting nippy and I'm ready to put out the fall decorations.

The other morning, when I got home from work, I was tired, so I sat in the truck for a few minutes and just enjoyed the view of leaves turning red on the little tree in front of the driveway. All of a sudden, a little hummingbird hovered right outside my window--maybe attracted by the red scrub top I was wearing. He was so close, if the window had been open, I could have put my hand up and touched him. And yesterday, while I was sewing, I swear the same little bird hovered outside my sewing room window. It must be migration time, and this little guy is asking for breakfast. So I added it to the pages of tasks to be done.

But today, that list looks too much like work. Today, I might just drift around the house and yard and do what strikes me at the moment. Maybe I'll start catching up on Grey's Anatomy. Maybe I'll lie in the hammock and read. Or maybe I'll just lie in the hammock and be still.

After I fill the feeders, that is.

4 comments:

Libby said...

Hubby's 2-week staycation begins next week. The list of things to work on around the house is becoming longer and longer *s* No worries, though - there will be plenty of relaxation time, too . . . hope you do the same *s*

MightyMom said...

we have had a couple families of humming birds eating outside our dining room window while we're having supper for a month or so now....so fun to share a meal with them!

audreypawdrey said...

I am so jealous that you are off for next several, several days! I can't complain because I was off this summer, but still... I say relax! If you feel like sewing, sew! Same for reading, sleeping, etc. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet. Thanks for the linkage.

I was still today...as still as I can be with three babes at my feet. We laid on a quilt in the yard and looked up at the sycamore tree.

LOVE your orangeness.